- There's no one-size-fits-all answer to how much fat is transferred during a BBL.
- It depends on a range of factors like the current size of your butt, your goals & your buttock's soft tissue capacity.
- On average, 350-300 cubic centimetres of fat is transferred per buttock.
Brazilian Butt Lifts (BBLs) are known for creating curvier and fuller buttocks through fat transfer. But how much fat is actually transferred during this procedure? It’s a question on many minds, and the answer might be more complex than you think.
Tailoring to Your Needs 🙋🏼♀️
Every BBL procedure is tailored to meet individual needs, and several factors can influence the amount of fat transferred:
- Current Size of Your Buttocks: Your existing shape and size play a significant role in determining the amount of fat required.
- Aesthetic Goals: What you hope to achieve with the surgery will guide the Plastic Surgeon’s recommendation.
- Buttocks’ Soft Tissue Capacity: This factor limits the amount of fat that can be safely transferred.
Average Amounts and Potential Risks⛔️
- The Typical Transfer: On average, at least 350-300 cubic centimetres of fat is transferred per buttock, which is the minimum to notice a visible change.
- Risk of Overfilling: It’s tempting to ask for more, but overfilling can lead to constriction, abscesses, and a higher rate of fat cell death.
More Than One Surgery?☝🏽
Sometimes, the desired results cannot be achieved in one go:
- Multiple Surgeries: A second or even third BBL surgery may be required to get the look you want.
- Combining with Implants: In certain cases, a combination of butt implants and fat transfer in one surgery might be the recommended path to achieving your desired projection.
Final Thoughts 💭
BBL is not just about transferring fat; it’s about artfully sculpting the body to achieve a look that’s in harmony with your body’s natural shape and your personal goals. Your specialist plastic surgeon will carefully evaluate your individual circumstances to recommend a safe and effective fat transfer plan.
Remember, communication is key! Openly discuss your desires and concerns with your Plastic Surgeon to ensure a successful and satisfying BBL journey.