- Unhappy with your BBL? Speak with your surgeon. A good BBL surgeon will help rectify the issue.
- Remember, healing takes time. It might be a few months until your surgery settles and you achieve the desired results.
- Always vet your BBL surgeon before undergoing surgery to avoid any major mishaps/poor results.
If you’ve recently undergone a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL), you probably had high hopes for achieving your desired look. But what happens when reality doesn’t quite match your expectations? In this post, we’ll walk you through the steps to take if you find yourself unhappy with your BBL results.
1. The Quality of Care Matters
First and foremost, it’s crucial to understand that the quality of care and the choice of your doctor play a significant role in the outcome of your BBL. As they say, you get what you pay for. Opting for a board-certified plastic surgeon with a stellar reputation is your best bet for a successful BBL.
2. Common Issues and Concerns
Let’s dive into some of the most common issues that can lead to dissatisfaction with BBL results. These include:
- Size: Sometimes, the results may not align with your size preferences. It could be that the buttocks are too big or not big enough. Communication with your surgeon is key in achieving the right size for you.
- Scarring: Like any surgical procedure, scarring is a possibility. Understanding where and how incisions are made can help manage your expectations.
- Lumpiness: Occasionally, unevenness or lumpiness in the buttocks can occur. This can often be addressed with postoperative massages, but communication with your doctor is vital.
3. What Should You Do?
If you’re unhappy with your BBL results, don’t panic. The first step is to contact your surgeon. They have your best interests at heart and can guide how to address your concerns. Remember, it’s essential to maintain open and honest communication during this process.
What you should do to rectify the situation will also depend on the issue you’re experiencing. For example, on the same Facebook post as above, many group members suggested wood therapy to fix lumpiness.
What is wood therapy? Wood therapy, known as maderotherapy or maderoterapia, is a massage technique using wooden tools. Advocates assert it offers benefits like fat and cellulite reduction, improved blood circulation, smoother skin, and stress relief.
Meanwhile, other group members suggested speaking to the surgeon for a revision or going to a new surgeon to have it fixed.
Surgeon Pro Tip: Sometimes it takes several months of healing to achieve the final results – so don’t panic if your BBL doesn’t look the way you want it to straight after surgery!
Below, an Aussie BBL client was unhappy with how wide her hips appeared to be post-op.
In this case, most people in the group commented that her hips would go down in size after a few months and give it time to heal.
4. What if Your Surgeon Can’t (or Won’t) Help You?
If you find yourself in a situation where your surgeon can’t or won’t assist you with your concerns about your BBL results, it can be frustrating, but there are steps you can take:
- Seek a Second Opinion: Consider consulting another board-certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion. They may offer a fresh perspective and potential solutions that your previous surgeon didn’t.
- Review Your Legal Options: Depending on the circumstances, you may want to explore legal options. Consult with an attorney experienced in medical malpractice or plastic surgery cases to understand your rights and potential courses of action.
- Share Your Experience: Continue to share your experience with others, but do so responsibly. Posting detailed and factual reviews on platforms like Google Reviews or Facebook groups can help potential patients make informed decisions. Remember to maintain professionalism in your feedback.
- Consider Corrective Procedures: If all else fails, you may need to explore corrective procedures with a different surgeon. Corrective surgery can sometimes address issues and help you achieve the desired results.
5. When Corrective Surgery Is Necessary
If it’s determined that corrective surgery is needed (either with your original surgeon or a new one), there are several important factors to consider:
- Patience is Key: Corrective procedures are designed to enhance and refine your initial results. Understand that achieving your desired look may take time. Be patient and trust the process.
- Recovery Process: Prepare for a recovery process similar to your initial BBL surgery. Your body needs time to heal, and you’ll likely experience some post-operative discomfort and swelling. Follow your doctor’s post-surgery instructions meticulously to optimise your recovery.
- Consultation and Planning: Your surgeon will conduct a thorough consultation to discuss your specific concerns and desired outcomes. They will work with you to create a personalised treatment plan that addresses your unique needs.
- Realistic Expectations: Keep your expectations realistic. Corrective surgery aims to improve upon your initial results, but perfection may not always be attainable. Open and honest communication with your surgeon is vital to ensure your goals are achievable.
- Follow-Up Care: After corrective surgery, expect regular follow-up appointments with your surgeon. These appointments are essential to monitor your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan.
The Takeaway 🎯
In conclusion, being unhappy with your BBL results can be disheartening, but it’s not the end of the road. By choosing a reputable surgeon, addressing concerns promptly, and considering corrective options when necessary, you can still achieve the beautiful results you envisioned. Remember, your journey to a better you is a process, and with the right care and guidance, you can get there.
We hope this information has been helpful, and remember, you’re not alone on this journey. Many others have faced similar challenges and found solutions that worked for them. If you have any questions or would like to share your own experiences, feel free to join the conversation in the comments section below. We’re here to support you on your BBL journey.